This group helps create goals, strategies and metrics, and guides a regional investment fund to address homelessness across the region. The group does not replace community-centered local implementation plans, but helps the program be as effective as possible by coordinating across the region.
The group will:
- Develop a regional plan with strategies, metrics and goals as identified in the SHS workplan and the counties’ implementation plans.
- Review proposals from the counties with strategies and financial investments that advance regional goals and outcomes.
- Provide guidance and recommendations to the counties on the implementation of strategies to achieve regional goals and outcomes.
- Approve and monitor financial investments by county partners from the regional investment fund.
- Provide guidance on using SHS values at a regional level.
- Monitor and provide guidance on the implementation of the regional plan.
The group includes elected officials and people with the following perspectives: people who have been homeless and/or very low-income Black, Indigenous, People of Color and other marginalized communities; culturally responsive and culturally specific service providers; elected officials, or their representatives, from each county and Metro; representatives from business, faith and philanthropic areas; people who do housing and homelessness services, who routinely engage with unsheltered people; people working in health and behavioral health, especially culturally specific healthcare; and representation ensuring geographic diversity.