The cemetery was established by Ambrose, James and Laura Menzies in 1886. It was acquired by Multnomah County in 1957. Stark Street is a historic market road that connected pioneer farmers in East County to Portland, where they crossed into town via the Stark Street Ferry. Cemetery access is via a short, unpaved road off Stark.
During inclement weather, please check oregonmetro.gov/cemeteries for information about any closures.