Natural Areas Program Performance Oversight Committee
The Natural Areas Program Performance Oversight Committee gives the Metro Council and the region an outside review of how Metro invests the region’s 2006 bond measure. Committee members are selected for their expertise in business, finance, accounting, real estate and habitat restoration.
The committee works to:
- ensure that expenditures of the bond measure satisfy the program’s requirements
- establish performance measures for acquisitions
- review the program’s performance for natural area acquisitions
- review administration of local park projects funded by the measure
- review the process for awarding Nature in Neighborhoods capital grants
- review "stabilization" work to protect a purchased property’s natural resources.
The committee meets several times each year. For meeting agendas or minutes, email [email protected] or call 503-797-1545.