Natural Areas and Capital Program Performance Oversight Committee
The Natural Areas and Capital Program Performance Oversight Committee gives the Metro Council and the region an independent, outside review of the capital program in the 2018-23 local-option levy and the 2006 natural areas bond measure. Committee members are selected for their expertise in finance, accounting, real estate, land use, banking, philanthropy, community engagement and conservation.
The committee works to:
- ensure that expenditures of the bond measure and levy satisfy the program’s requirements
- establish performance measures for acquisitions
- review the program’s performance for natural area acquisitions
- review administration of local park projects funded by the measure
- review the process for awarding Nature in Neighborhoods capital grants
- review "stabilization" work to protect a purchased property’s natural resources.
The committee meets several times each year and presents a report to the Metro Council annually. For meeting agendas or minutes, email [email protected] or call 503-797-1545.