The cemetery was established in 1888 by O. P. Lent, Gustaf Petersen, George P. Lent, Robert Gilbert and William Kern. The Lents family settled in what is today the Lents neighborhood just to the east. Multnomah County acquired the cemetery in 1944. Two sides are bounded by homes, and two by busy roads.
There is gate access at several points along Holgate Boulevard and 82nd Avenue.
Multnomah Park Cemetery is closed to burials.
During inclement weather, please check oregonmetro.gov/cemeteries for information about any closures.