Traffic deaths and serious injuries are increasing and Black, Indigenous, Native Hawaiian, Pacific Islander, Latinx and Asian people are disproportionately impacted, especially while walking. At the same time these populations also experience more harassment and violence when using the transportation system.
The regional transportation safety forum provides an opportunity to:
• understand the problems and challenges and focus on solutions that are working
• elevate experiences of Black community members
• generate new ideas and approaches
• understand how transportation safety goes beyond crashes
• create connections for future collaboration
Co-hosted by Metro and Multnomah County Public Health REACH Program