- 74 drive-up campsites with picnic table, fire pit, cooking grill (some sites have a lantern pole)
- 12 RV sites: pull-through, with no electric or water hookups, restricted to use by RVs or trailers only
- Four ADA accessible sites
- Accessible, heated restrooms with flush toilets
- Free hot-water showers
- Park gates close each evening at 8:00 p.m. and open each morning at 6:30 am. No re-entry after gates are closed. In case of after hour emergencies, gate directions are posted on the gate.
Reservations are accepted one day to 30 days in advance.
Reserve your campsite online
- $22 per night per site
- $5 per vehicle fee on day of entry only
- Non-refundable $8 per site reservation fee
- Non-refundable $8 per site modification fee
- Firewood and vehicle parking passes can be reserved online when you make your camping reservation
- Maximum six people per site
- Maximum 14-night stay, 28 days in six-month period
- Campground is open year-round
- Firewood available at $5 per bundle
- Check in at 2 p.m., check out at noon
- Gather around the campfire: Enjoy music, stories and old-fashioned entertainment while camping at Oxbow Regional Park on Saturday evenings, usually from early July to Labor Day
Camping cancellation and refunds
- Reservations cancelled at least two days in advance of arrival date will receive a full refund excluding the reservation fee
- Reservations cancelled less than two days in advance of arrival date are non-refundable
Make sure your site meets your camping needs
Before reserving, please become familiar with the particulars of your chosen site, including the size of the tent pad area and the type of equipment that you may bring to the park. Site details and tent pad sizes can be viewed online by clicking on the site name.
Vehicles and parking
- $5 per vehicle fee, first day only
- Maximum two cars per site
- Keep vehicles in designated parking areas
- No accommodations made for extra vehicles overnight
Policies and guidelines
- Camping is allowed only in designated areas and numbered sites
- No pets, fireworks, alcohol or other intoxicants are allowed
- Smoking and vaping are not allowed
- Minors (younger than 18) must be accompanied by an adult
- Pull-through sites are restricted to use by RVs or trailers
- Fires are allowed in provided barbecues and designated fire pits only
- All plants and animals are protected
- Do not feed wildlife
- Do not stick axes, knives, nails, or other items into trees or tables
- Quiet time is from 10 p.m. to 7 a.m.; no driving after 10 p.m.
- Secure site: gates close at 7:00 p.m. and reopen at 6:30 a.m.
- Arrive at least one hour prior to gate locking at official sunset
- No re-entry after gates are locked
- In case of emergency, use call box located in front of the welcome center; 911 calls are free.
Violators of these or any other park rules are subject to citation and/or eviction.
- Metro honors the Oregon State Parks special access pass for free camping in the campground. Call 503-663-4708 to set up an account and receive free camping.
- Metro does not reimburse past camping fees without receipt and proof of pass after the reservation has passed.
- The person eligible for the discount must occupy the campsite. Otherwise, the discount is invalid. Your Special Access card or leave papers are not transferable to anyone else, even other veterans. Please bring bring your valid Special Access Pass when you visit.
2021 reservations are closed
Reservations for group camping are closed.
This website will be updated to reflect the most up-to-date information regarding reopening.
Oxbow has one group camp area available to nonprofit organizations, such as scouts and church groups.
Group Camp Area 1 is a drive-in camp that can accommodate up to 150. Fires are permitted.
Group camping fee is $125 per night. Reservation and permit required.
Group camping cancellation and refunds
You will receive a full refund minus the reservation fee:
- If you cancel your reservation 31 days or more before the reservation.
- If Metro closes the park on the day of the reservation.
You will receive a refund only of paid permit fees if you cancel your reservation 30 days or less before the reserved date.
Group camping rescheduling
You may reschedule your reservation for a $20 change fee, if you do so at least 7 days before your event, depending on site availability. If you cancel after rescheduling, no refund will be given.