The cemetery was established in 1888 by O. P. Lent, Gustaf Petersen, George P. Lent, Robert Gilbert and William Kern. The Lents family settled in what is today the Lents neighborhood just to the east. Multnomah County acquired the cemetery in 1944. Two sides are bounded by homes, and two by busy roads.
For gate access, the northside entrances on Holgate Blvd are open. The gates along 82nd Avenue are permanently closed.
Multnomah Park Cemetery is closed to new sales.
During inclement weather, please check oregonmetro.gov/cemeteries for information about any closures.