Let someone else drive you to work, or keep you company during your commute. Maybe run an errand with a car that’s not yours. Besides many public transit routes, you’ve got lots of other options to get around.
- Find a partner to share the costs of your car commute, to vanpool with, or to ride with as you bike to work or school at Drive Less. Connect.
- Join an existing vanpool or start one. Save money, and relish the extra time to snooze, read, talk or text.
- Work with your employer to start a vanpool for employees. Tax incentives apply.
For getting around by the hour or by the day:
- Use Zipcar’s mobile app to find nearby cars to rent. Cars need to be returned to the same location.
- Rent other people’s cars at Getaround Portland or Turo. Or earn money by renting out your car when you’re not using it.
- With a short term car rental from Car2Go, the car doesn’t have to be returned to where you found it.