Download biking maps – in Portland and throughout Northwest Oregon – at the City of Portland’s Bike + Walk Maps page. It also includes best rides around portland and statewide biking maps for Washington and Oregon. Also find maps for Tigard, Milwaukie, mountain biking in Forest Park, and biking routes in Washington County. The City of Vancouver’s bicycle maps page covers routes north of the Columbia River. Use The Intertwine’s interactive map to search for road or mountain biking routes throughout the region.
Ride some, bus some
TriMet covers how to get there by bike, bus and train (and streetcar too) with info on bike parking and bike lockers at stations; Bikes on C-Trans covers bikes on Clark County buses; bikes on SMART buses does the same for Wilsonville.
Report road hazards
Finesse the tricky spots
Here’s how to negotiate a few less obvious road sections and pathways in the region.
A short video shows how to make the north and south crossing of the Interstate Bridge over the Columbia River. An I-5 bridge map complements the video.
As of 2013, Swan Island’s thousands of employees have two options to get there without a car: from the north, the Waud Bluff Trail and from the east, the Going to the River route via Going Street.
On the I-205 bike route, inset maps illustrate tricky intersections along its 19 miles from Vancouver to Oregon City.
The cycling community
- Portland’s nonprofit The Street Trust offers bike advocacy and education events and programs.
- The Community Cycling Center sells refurbished bikes and offers programs for low-income kids and adults.
- Mujeres en Movimiento rides together with an aim toward, “Creating community, and healthy active lifestyles for Latinas.” Check them out on Facebook.
- WashCo Bikes promotes bicycle transportation, protects bicyclists’ rights and improves bicycling conditions.
- BikePortland.org covers breaking news, is a forum for community dialog, and lists rides, events and stolen bikes.
- Bike Farm is an all volunteer-run collective dedicated to every aspect of bicycle education, from safe commuting to repair.
- ORbike links to events.
- The Street Trust launched their Women Bike program in 2015. They have regular rides and events and much of the action happens on the Women Bike Facebook group.
- Shift publishes a bike bulletin and weekly email update of bike culture events and activities.