In an average week, about 500 people move to the Portland metropolitan area. This growth is expected to continue for decades. Not just theory, these measurable goals shape the places where we live, work, commute and enjoy nature.
- People live, work and play in vibrant communities where their everyday needs are easily accessible.
- Current and future residents benefit from the region's sustained economic competitiveness and prosperity.
- People have safe and reliable transportation choices that enhance their quality of life.
- The region is a leader on climate change, on minimizing contributions to global warming.
- Current and future generations enjoy clean air, clean water and healthy ecosystems.
- Equity exists relative to the benefits and burdens of growth and change to the region’s communities.