Are you passionate about public engagement? Interested in helping engage residents in the region on topics from transportation and land use to parks, solid waste and recycling? Metro is seeking volunteers to serve on the Public Engagement Review Committee.
This year, Metro is recruiting three at-large community members and one community organization representative for three-year terms.
The committee meets four times a year and serves as a key component of Metro’s ongoing efforts to develop and implement successful public engagement processes. In selecting Public Engagement Review Committee members, the Metro Council seeks a mix of representatives who demonstrate:
- a commitment to community involvement
- skills, knowledge or experience that support the public engagement principles adopted by Metro
- the ability to represent the geographic and demographic diversity of the region.
Duties of the committee include, but are not limited to:
- reviewing and making recommendations on Metro's engagement strategies and practices at the project and program level
- reviewing the annual public engagement report
- making recommendations to the Metro Council about engagement priorities.
Find out more about the committee and apply at oregonmetro.gov/perc.