Share your views
Comment through 5 p.m. Friday, Dec. 1
Requests to submit comments or concerns about this amendment should be submitted to Summer Blackhorse.
Metro is required to document funded projects scheduled to use federal funds over the next four years. The current cycle is documented in the 2024-27 Metropolitan Transportation Improvement Program.
Metro is in receipt of the proposed MTIP formal amendments:
The purpose of this amendment is to make the necessary funding corrections, increases and fund reprogramming to the 2024-27 MTIP. This amendment adds eight new projects and updates four existing projects to enable the required federal fund obligations to occur:
- Implement leading pedestrian interval (LPI) at traffic signals transit priority at traffic signals and upgrade existing traffic detections at up to 31 sites in Beaverton for added pedestrian safety.
- Identify and upgrade selected traffic signals across Clackamas County with the new signal hardware and install protected pedestrian and bicycle crossings.
- Complete TSMO program update activities.
- Complete design, right of way acquisition, and permitting phase for the replacement of the existing Troutdale Rd culvert and fish ladder on Beaver Creek with a new at-grade bridge.
- Install fiber optic cable where gaps exist in order to operate traffic control and monitoring systems, Oregon State Highway 8, Southeast 198th Avenue to Oregon State Highway 217.
- Evaluate and upgrade the Regional Central System network, architecture design, configuration and installed equipment to bring it up to the same standards for traffic signal communications as performed by the ITS network.
- Purchase and install up to 160 Advance Transportation Controllers (ATC) for PBOT and 79 for the City of Gresham and Multnomah County at selected signalized locations.
- Design, construct, and complete traffic signal interconnect actions plus upgrade Advance Transportation Controllers (ATC) on Southeast Stark Street.
- Design, construct, and complete traffic signal interconnect actions plus upgrade Advance Transportation Controllers (ATC) for priority timing involving the interconnect of ITS equipment.
- Provide strategic and collaborative program management including coordination of activities for TransPort TSMO committee.
- Allocate Regional Transportation System Management & Operations (TSMO) remaining funding from 2022-24 allocation cycles which will support Metro awarded TSMO/ITS capital and operations.
- Allocate Regional Transportation System Management & Operations program for capital and system improvements for FFY 2025-27 allocation years .