Metro is seeking a qualified development team to acquire and redevelop 2817 SE 82nd Avenue, also known as the “Furniture Store” site.
The 0.47-acre parcel is located within Portland’s multicultural Jade District at the intersection of Southeast 82nd Avenue and Division Street, across from the recently expanded Portland Community College Southeast Campus and near a future station location for the planned Powell-Division bus rapid transit line.
Metro’s goals for the project include:
- increasing transit ridership by providing enhanced options for people to live in walkable, transit-served neighborhoods
- providing long-term affordable housing accessible via high capacity transit
- extending opportunities for diverse communities to participate in the benefits of new investment in the neighborhood
- exploring partnerships with nearby institutions and community organizations
- achieving a design that complements the surrounding neighborhood and celebrates its diversity, and, as practical, preserves elements of the existing building’s historic 82nd Avenue façade.
A copy of the Request for Qualifications and all appendices can be downloaded below.
To ensure that all interested parties receive notification of any clarifications or changes to the request for qualifications, interested parties should register their interest in submitting qualifications along with any questions or requests for clarification, by submitting an email to Jonathan Williams, senior development project manager, at [email protected] no later than Nov. 5, 2015 at 5 p.m. local time.
Responses to the Request for Qualifications must be received by Dec. 17, 2015 at 5 p.m. local time. Late responses will be disqualified.