Fees for placements of urns or caskets and related services vary depending on the cemetery. Metro’s cemetery price list describes options and current charges.
Provide 48 hours notice to the Metro cemetery office prior to a requested time for service. Available hours are 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. Monday through Friday, except legal holidays. Other times may be available for additional fees.
Placing flowers and remembrances
- All flowers and easels placed at any burial site must be removed within three weeks or when they become withered, faded or unsightly.
- All flowers placed on graves for Memorial Day must be removed within three weeks.
- Artificial flowers and plants are not permitted on graves between March 1 and Nov. 15, except for the three weeks of Memorial Day remembrance.
After these time spans, cemetery staff will remove objects placed at graves.
Do not leave mementos, photos, stuffed animals, vases, toys, lawn ornaments or lawn lights. They will be removed by cemetery staff.
- repairs, restorations or improvements without prior Metro approval
- fences, walls, curbs or any other types of enclosures around a grave
- mementos or any other personal property placed on a grave
- trees, shrubs or other permanent plants on graves or borders
- picking or cutting any foliage or plant
- removal of any monument or memorial
- scattering of cremated remains