The CORE is the successor to the Equity Strategy Advisory Committee, which helped Metro create and approve the Strategic Plan to Advance Racial Equity, Diversity and Inclusion.
The CORE is a new committee that has been created and chartered by the Metro Council to advise the Council and staff. The CORE will be an ongoing, standing Metro committee, whose main purpose is to:
- provide input and advice for the successful implementation of the strategic plan
- provide community oversight and opportunities for Metro to have greater accountability to the community on the implementation of the strategic plan
- communicate Metro’s progress in implementing the strategic plan
- assist Metro staff in the creation and implementation of the strategic plan evaluation.
In selecting the committee members, the Metro Council seeks a mix of representatives who demonstrate:
- a commitment to racial equity, social and environmental justice, diversity and inclusion
- the ability to work collaboratively with people of diverse perspectives and experiences
- connections with local historically marginalized communities
- experience, skills and knowledge in policy development, evaluation, local government and/or public sector partnerships, procurement, human resources, public participation, service design and delivery, research, education or business
- the ability to represent the geographic and demographic diversity of the region.
CORE members are appointed to a two-year term. They are eligible to be reappointed to a second term.