How to make a reservation
Take a look at the information below to see if this area fits your needs. Choose some possible dates for your event and call 503-665-4995 option 0 or email [email protected] to check availability.
Reservable picnic area
Howell Territorial Park has one picnic area available for reservation year-round. Reservations are required for parties of 25 or more.
House Yard and Grove
- located between the Bybee House and the barn
- area accommodates up to 250 people
- includes use of 14 picnic tables seating up to 120
- rental fee – $450
- 8 a.m. to 7 p.m. Memorial Day weekend through Labor Day. 8 a.m. to sunset the rest of the year
- Water: Located in outside spigots at the northeast corner of the house.
- Electricity: None/limited
- Restrooms: Located in the barn. Additional portable restrooms may be brought in at the renter's expense with Metro's permission.
- Parking: Parking is available in the mowed field. Vehicles are permitted within the fenced-in park area (near the barn) only when loading and unloading. The number of vehicles in this area is limited to two.
Alcohol is allowed in designated areas by permit only.
Amplified music or public address systems
Amplified noise or music is not permitted. Only acoustic music is allowed.
Catering and amusement providers
You are welcome to have your picnic or event catered or to rent equipment from an amusement provider with the required permit. Personal inflatable equipment, dunk tanks, rock walls, etc. are not allowed.
Set-up and clean-up
Peak season rental fees cover an 11-hour period from 8am-7pm. Time for set-up and clean-up must be included in that time. (Set-up includes unloading of food, beverages, tents, tables, chairs, and decorations. Clean-up consists of picking up all litter and trash, and removing all decorations, equipment and supplies).
Sensitivity to wildlife
No pets are allowed. No balloons are allowed. Birdseed and flower petals are allowed; rice is not allowed because it can be fatal to foraging birds and animals.
Care of the park
All gates must be kept closed. Grazing cattle tend to roam. Do not feed or throw anything at cattle in the pastures. Picking fruit in the historically nurtured orchard or flowers from the gardens is not permitted. Ashtrays must be provided at the renter's expense. Horse carriages are only allowed for one drop-off and pick-up (special use permit required). The carriage must stay on the gravel and pavement at all times, and is not allowed to venture onto the grass, garden or open field.