Metro's Nature in Neighborhoods grants provide opportunities to connect people with nature across the Portland metropolitan area.
Funding is available for projects that:
- connect people to their watershed
- preserve and restore local fish and wildlife habitat
- support larger conservation initiatives
- support nature education for school-aged children
- improve the ability of all communities to experience and connect with nature
Conservation education grants connect people with nature in a variety of ways, from giving school children hands-on experience in local natural areas to offering job skill development for nature-based careers. The common denominator: providing opportunities for people across our region to learn about the natural world.
Who is eligible?
Individuals, community groups, businesses, neighborhoods, nonprofits, schools and school groups, government agencies, faith groups and service groups with nonprofit or other tax-exempt status may apply. Grants may only be awarded to projects and programs that benefit Metro-area residents.