About the ¡Vámonos! project
Tools for living
¡Vámonos! bilingual maps
› About the ¡Vámonos! project
Metro's new bilingual mapping project helps people in Cornelius, Forest Grove and Hillsboro learn about great places to walk and bike in their communities.
Información en español.
With help from a Kaiser Permanente grant, Metro and community partners are working to increase awareness of great places for families to bike and walk in Cornelius, Forest Grove and Hillsboro.
The project, called "Vámonos! Let's explore Cornelius, Forest Grove and Hillsboro by foot and by bike," will result in maps co-developed in Spanish and English. The maps will help families safely get around their communities without cars.
About the maps
The maps will be available for free to the public starting July 2012. Metro will distribute 60,000 printed materials and reach more than 130,000 people with this project. The maps will highlight points of interest, history, commerce and transit stops as well as highlight parks, trails and natural areas.
- Create community ownership and engagement by developing an oversight committee of groups that reflect the values of the community. See the list below.
- Engage the Latino community in development and outreach activities to promote health through walking and biking.
- Increase the awareness of great places to bike and walk for health, recreation and transportation in the communities of Cornelius, Forest Grove and Hillsboro through printed and web-based biking and walking materials in English and Spanish.
- Increase awareness of the benefits of walking and biking for transportation and health in Cornelius, Forest Grove and Hillsboro, primarily among Latino families, through community outreach.
- Adelante Mujeres
- Centro Cultural
- City of Cornelius
- City of Forest Grove
- City of Hillsboro
- Forest Grove Chamber of Commerce
- Hillsboro Futsal
- Kaiser Permanente
- M&M Swap Meet
- Virginia Garcia Memorial Health Clinic
- Washington County Bicycle Transportation Coalition
- Washington County
- Willamette Pedestrian Coalition