Infrastructure Advisory Committee
Planning and conservation
› Advisory Committee
An advisory committee of 11 representatives of service providers, local businesses and local governments was appointed to assist Metro with its analysis of regional infrastructure needs.
The committee met monthly, from fall 2007 through spring 2008, to assist Metro staff with:
- identification of issues and opportunities related to infrastructure maintenance and development in the Portland metro region
- identification of potential infrastructure policy and financing strategies to provide infrastructure that is aligned with the objectives of the 2040 Growth Concept
- consideration of innovative approaches to service provision and demand management
- building a coalition of service providers willing to discuss and pursue solutions to regional infrastructure needs
- identification of next steps to produce a public investment action plan to address the region's infrastructure needs for the Metro area to implement.
The members of the Infrastructure Advisory Committee were:
- Byron Estes, Portland Development Commission
- Deane Funk, manager for local government affairs, Portland General Electric
- Marion Haynes, director of government affairs and associate general counsel, Portland Business Alliance
- Ted Kyle, operations manager, Clackamas County Water Environmental Services
- Stephan Lashbrook, interim city manager, City of Lake Oswego
- Lawrence Odell, assistant director, Washington County Department of Land Use and Transportation
- Pat Ribellia, planning director, City of Hillsboro
- Alice Rouyer, executive manager, City of Gresham
- Ric Stephens, principal, Alpha Community Development
- Lorna Stickel, Water Resources Planning Manager, Portland Water Bureau
- Mike Wells, managing director, Wells Development
Download materials from past meetings.