2020 reservations are closed
Reservations for picnic shelters will open at midnight on May 15, 2021 for reservations starting on July 1, 2021 through the calendar year.
To make a picnic shelter reservation, please call 503-665-4995.
These dates are subject to change. This website will be updated to reflect the most up-to-date information.
How to make a reservation
Choose some possible dates for your event and call 503-665-4995 or email [email protected] to check availability.
Reservable picnic areas
Graham Oaks Nature Park has one picnic area available year-round. Reservations are required from Memorial Day weekend through Labor Day (weekends and holidays). The picnic area:
- is located near the Tonquin Trail and restored Graham Oak's natural area and trails
- is located near parking and restrooms
- accommodates up to 50 people (seats 40)
- includes five picnic tables (sheltered)
Picnics over 25 people require a reservation. The reservation fee is $135 on weekends and holidays, $50 on weekdays (8 a.m. to 7 p.m.).
- Electricity is located inside the shelter. Water fountain is nearby.
- Restrooms are located next to picnic shelter.
- Parking is available for 25 cars in the main lot at bottom of pathway. Two ADA spaces and one bus space available.
- Stapled decorations or items that create a lot of litter are not allowed.
- Only propane grills can be used on the concrete surrounding the picnic shelter.
- Trash and recycling cans located onsite.
Beer and/or wine is allowed in designated areas with the required permit.
Amplified music or public address systems
Amplified noise or music is not permitted. Only acoustic music is allowed.
Catering and amusement providers
You are welcome to have your picnic or event catered with the required permit. Catering vehicle may park next to the shelter. No amusement equipment is allowed. No balloons are allowed. Learn more about catering guidelines here.
Set-up and clean-up
Rental fees cover the entire day, from 8 a.m. to 7 p.m. Time for set-up and clean-up must be included in that time. Set-up includes unloading of food, beverages, tents, tables, and chairs. Clean-up consists of picking up all litter and trash, and removing all decorations, equipment and supplies.
Sensitivity to wildlife
No pets are allowed because they can damage sensitive habitat and threaten wildlife.
Picnic reservation cancellation and refunds
You will receive a full refund:
- If you cancel your reservation 31 days or more before the reservation.
- If Metro closes the park on the day of the reservation.
You will not receive a refund if you cancel your reservation 30 days or less before the reserved date.
You may reschedule your reservation for a $20 change fee, if you do so at least 7 days before your event, depending on site availability. If you cancel after rescheduling, no refund will be given.