2021 reservations are closed
Reservations for picnic shelters are closed through 2021.
This website will be updated to reflect the most up-to-date information.
How to make a reservation
To view availability or reserve a shelter, use our online reservation system. If you have questions or need additional assistance call 503-665-4995 or email [email protected] to check availability.
Reservable picnic areas
Graham Oaks Nature Park has one picnic area available year-round. The picnic area:
- is located near the Tonquin Trail and restored Graham Oak's natural area and trails
- is located near parking and restrooms
- accommodates up to 50 people (seats 40)
- includes five picnic tables (sheltered)
Picnics over 25 people require a reservation. The reservation fee is $135 on weekends and holidays, $50 on weekdays (8 a.m. to 7 p.m.).
- Electricity is located inside the shelter. Water fountain is nearby.
- Restrooms are located next to picnic shelter.
- Parking is available for 25 cars in the main lot at bottom of pathway. Two ADA spaces and one bus space available.
- Stapled decorations or items that create a lot of litter are not allowed.
- Only propane grills can be used on the concrete surrounding the picnic shelter.
- Trash and recycling cans located onsite.
Beer and/or wine is allowed in designated areas with the required permit. Permits can be purchased online when making a reservation. A minimum of 14 days' notice is required to secure a permit.
Amplified music or public address systems
Amplified noise or music is not permitted. Only acoustic music is allowed.
Catering and amusement providers
You are welcome to have your picnic or event catered with the required permit. Catering vehicle may park next to the shelter. No amusement equipment is allowed. No balloons are allowed. Permits can be purchased online when making a reservation. A minimum of 14 days' notice is required to secure a permit. Learn more about catering guidelines here.
Set-up and clean-up
Rental fees cover the entire day, from 8 a.m. to 7 p.m. Time for set-up and clean-up must be included in that time. Set-up includes unloading of food, beverages, tents, tables, and chairs. Clean-up consists of picking up all litter and trash, and removing all decorations, equipment and supplies.
Sensitivity to wildlife
No pets are allowed because they can damage sensitive habitat and threaten wildlife.
Picnic reservation cancellation and refunds
You will receive a full refund minus reservation fee:
- If you cancel your reservation 31 days or more before the reservation.
- If Metro closes the park on the day of the reservation.
You will receive a refund only of paid permit fees if you cancel your reservation 30 days or less before the reserved date.
You may reschedule your reservation for a $20 change fee, if you do so at least 7 days before your event, depending on site availability. If you cancel after rescheduling, no refund will be given.