Rising housing costs and stagnant wages have led to a housing crisis and increased homelessness. Thanks to voters, funds are now available to support housing access and stability for people across greater Portland.
Ten year regional goals for the fund include:
- Connect at least 5,000 people experiencing chronic homelessness to permanent supportive housing
- Build new outreach teams to expand capacity
- Stabilize at least 10,000 households at risk of or experiencing homelessness in permanent housing
- Expand the network of culturally specific and other service providers
- Present consistent regional data and regularly updated visuals
- Increase shelter capacity and access.
Learn more about the latest supportive housing progress in Metro News