2021 reservations are closed
The Scouters Mountain picnic shelter is currently available for first come, first served. Reservations are not required at this time.
This website will be updated to reflect the most up-to-date information.
How to make a reservation
Take a look at the information below to see if this area fits your needs. To view availability or reserve a shelter, use our online reservation system. If you have questions or need additional assistance, call 503-665-4995 or email [email protected].
Reservable picnic areas
Scouters Mountain Nature Park has one picnic area available for reservation. The picnic area:
- is located at the top of the hill, with a distant view of Mount Hood on clear days
- accommodates up to 100 people (seats 36)
- includes use of six picnic tables (sheltered), and the adjacent patio (unsheltered).
Picnics over 25 people require a reservation. The reservation fee is $450 (8 a.m. to 7 p.m.).
- Water and electricity are located inside the shelter.
- Restrooms are located next to picnic shelter. Additional portable restrooms may be brought in at the renter's expense with Metro's permission.
- Parking is available for 25 cars in the main lot at bottom of pathway. ADA parking at the top of the hill by the shelter only.
- Stapled decorations or items that create a lot of litter are not allowed.
- Only propane grills can be used on the concrete surrounding the picnic shelter.
- Two trash and recycling cans located onsite.
Beer and/or wine is allowed in designated areas with the required permit. Permits can be purchased online when making a reservation. A minimum of 14 days' notice is required to secure a permit.
Amplified music or public address systems
Amplified noise or music is not permitted. Only acoustic music is allowed.
Catering and amusement providers
You are welcome to have your picnic or event catered with the required permit. Catering vehicle may park next to the shelter. No amusement equipment is allowed. Permits can be purchased online when making a reservation. A minimum of 14 days' notice is required to secure eligible permits. No balloons are allowed.
Learn more about catering guidelines
Set-up and clean-up
Rental fees cover the entire day, from 8 a.m. to 7 p.m. Time for set-up and clean-up must be included in that time. Set-up includes unloading of food, beverages, tents, tables, and chairs. Clean-up consists of picking up all litter and trash, and removing all decorations, equipment and supplies.
Sensitivity to wildlife
No pets are allowed because they can damage sensitive habitat and threaten wildlife.
Care of the park
All gates must be kept closed. Any requests for use outside these parameters would fall under Metro's special use permit program and will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
Picnic reservation cancellation and refunds
You will receive a full refund:
- If you cancel your reservation 31 days or more before the reservation.
- If Metro closes the park on the day of the reservation.
You will receive a refund only of paid permit fees if you cancel your reservation 30 days or less before the reserved date.
You may reschedule your reservation for a $20 change fee, if you do so at least 7 days before your event, depending on site availability. If you cancel after rescheduling, no refund will be given.