Once owned by Frank Escobar, the cemetery’s land was purchased in 1889 for $10 by Sarah E. Harrison Stone. She arranged for care of the grounds by forming a cemetery association and deeding the property to it. She died in 1964 and is buried here. Multnomah County acquired the cemetery in 1965.
During inclement weather, please check oregonmetro.gov/cemeteries for information about any closures.