Construction at the cemetery
Over the fall and winter, Metro will permanently close the entrances to Multnomah Park Cemetery along 82nd Ave. The northside entrances on Holgate Blvd will remain open. The goal is to increase safety for visitors accessing the cemetery by directing them to the less-busy Holgate Blvd.
Contact the cemetery office
The cemetery was established in 1888 by O. P. Lent, Gustaf Petersen, George P. Lent, Robert Gilbert and William Kern. The Lents family settled in what is today the Lents neighborhood just to the east. Multnomah County acquired the cemetery in 1944. Two sides are bounded by homes, and two by busy roads.
There is gate access at several points along Holgate Boulevard and 82nd Avenue.
Multnomah Park Cemetery is closed to new sales.
During inclement weather, please check oregonmetro.gov/cemeteries for information about any closures.