Free Metro Parking Days 2020
Enjoy free parking at Oxbow and Blue Lake regional parks, Broughton Beach, M. James Gleason Memorial Boat Ramp and Chinook Landing Marine Park on Jan. 1, 16, 20; Feb. 17 and 20; March 19; April 16; May 21; June 18; July 16; Aug. 20; Sept. 17; Oct. 15; Nov. 11, 19 and 27; and Dec. 17.
The park offers picnic and viewing areas, wetland and wildlife habitat, disabled-accessible docks, restrooms and a seasonal river patrol station.
Thanks in part to voter investments, new aluminum docks with fiberglass decking were installed in January 2016. Chinook Landing is one of the most popular boat ramps in the state, and the new docks replace the heavily used ones that were about 25 years old.
The archery range at Chinook Landing includes six targets between 10 and 60 yards, at 10 yard increments.
Dock construction coming end of 2020
In fall and early winter of 2020 to 2021, Chinook Landing Marine Park’s boat ramp will be temporarily closed for construction. A new dock will be built and the channel will be dredged. As start and finish times are confirmed, those details will be posted here.
Know before you go
- Open 4:30 a.m. to sunset. Overnight parking is permitted for up to four days in a 30-day period. Visitors are not allowed to car camp or remain in their parked vehicles overnight.
- A pump station is available in the spring and summer, usually between April and September.
- Geocaching is allowed with guidelines.
- Parking fee is $5 per car, $7 per bus (free with annual parking pass).
- Smoking and vaping are not allowed.
- Pets are allowed on-leash between vehicles and boats. To protect nesting birds and other wildlife, pets are not allowed elsewhere at Chinook Landing.
- During inclement weather, please check oregonmetro.gov/boats for information about any closures.