Setting up a workplace travel options program is easy. Metro staff help you, at no cost, create a program customized to your site and schedules – one that will benefit your employees and your business.
Why offer a travel options program to your employees?
- Biking, walking, transit and car – or vanpooling reduce stress: employees spend less time in traffic and/or less money on auto maintenance and gas. Less stress means better job performance.
- Less driving means fewer parking spaces to provide.
- Employees who bus, vanpool or rideshare to work are less likely to be late.
- A trip reduction program costs little to put in place, is a popular employee benefit, and a great recruitment tool.
- Sharing rides to work increases employee camaraderie.
- You can get tax breaks – like when you offer a TriMet transit pass.
Metro staff will help you plan, market and put in place a travel options program. This service is free to any employer within Metro’s boundaries.
Your business may be within the boundaries of a partner TMA – a transportation management association. TMAs can help you with transit passes, vanpool incentives, carpool matching services and marketing to promote biking and walking to work.