Share your views
Comment through 5 p.m. Thursday, Dec. 1
Requests to submit comments or concerns about this amendment should be submitted to Summer Blackhorse.
Metro is required to document funded projects scheduled to use federal funds over the next four years. The current cycle is documented in the 2021-24 Metropolitan Transportation Improvement Program.
Metro is in receipt of the proposed MTIP formal amendments:
The purpose of this amendment is to make the necessary funding corrections, increases and fund reprogramming to the 2021-26 MTIP. The project submitted for amendment in this amendment includes:
- Establish National Electric Vehicle Infrastructure fast-charging stations along Interstate 205 from Interstate 5 to the Glenn Jackson Bridge, which will provide reliable fuel to electric vehicle drivers along major corridors in Oregon
- Establish National Electric Vehicle Infrastructure fast-charging stations every 50 miles along U.S. Route 97 from Interstate 5 to the Idaho border, which will provide reliable fuel to electric vehicle drivers along major corridors in Oregon
- Design for future construction of curb ramps to meet standards set by the Americans with Disablilities Act
- Improve stormwater quality within the Portland Harbor from the Fremont Bridge and St. Johns Bridge and surrounding areas
- Construct curbs and ramps at various locations on Oregon Route 141 at Hall Boulevard and Southwest 72nd Avenue in the Tigard area that meet standards set by the Americans with Disablilities Act
- Construct a bicycle and pedestrian bridge over Columbia Boulevard and an extension of the Willamette Greenway Trail to provide a connection from the existing termini in Chimney Park to the south end of the landfill bridge over the south Columbia Slough
This notice has been updated to correct the extent of the National Electric Vehicle Infrastructure project from Interstate 5 to the Glenn Jackson Bridge; the original notice stated the extent as from Interstate 5 to the Abernethy Bridge. The amendment file has been updated to reflect this correction.