2023 neighborhood collection events
Collection events are scheduled from September to November.
View the 2023 schedule of events
There is no charge to bring your hazardous household garbage to Metro’s community events. Metro Central and Metro South transfer stations also accept hazardous waste from households for free. A small portion of your monthly garbage bill goes to help pay for these services.
Prepare materials properly
- no containers larger than five gallons; 35-gallon limit per load
- keep products in original containers
- pack products in a sturdy, leakproof box for safe transport to the event
- bring sharps in an approved sharps container
- be prepared to leave the container; boxes and containers, including fuel cans, cannot be returned
What to bring
- paints and stains
- pesticides and poisons
- cleaners and disinfectants
- thinners and solvents
- sharps (medical syringes)
- fluorescent tubes and compact fluorescent light bulbs (CFLs)
- automotive products
- pool and spa chemicals
- hobby chemicals
No electronics (cell phones, computers, etc.)
No empty containers
Events in other areas
If you live in Oregon outside Clackamas, Multnomah or Washington counties, call 1-800-RECYCLE (1-800-732-9253) for household hazardous waste event information in your community.