2020 reservations now open
Reservations for picnic shelters open every year at midnight on Oct. 1 for the following calendar year.
To reserve a picnic shelter, please call 503-665-4995.
How to make a reservation
Take a look at the information below to see if this area fits your needs. Choose some possible dates for your event and call 503-665-4995 or email [email protected] to check availability.
Reservable picnic areas
Scouters Mountain Nature Park has one picnic area available for reservation from Memorial Day weekend through Labor Day. The picnic area:
- is located at the top of the hill, with a distant view of Mt Hood on clear days
- accommodates up to 100 people (seats 36)
- includes use of six picnic tables (sheltered), and the adjacent patio (unsheltered).
Picnics over 25 people require a reservation. The reservation fee is $450 (8 a.m. to 7 p.m.) and requires a $200 cleaning deposit.
- Water and electricity are located inside the shelter.
- Restrooms are located next to picnic shelter. Additional portable restrooms may be brought in at the renter's expense with Metro's permission.
- Parking is available for 25 cars in the main lot at bottom of pathway. ADA parking at the top of the hill by the shelter only.
- No stapled decorations or piñatas are allowed.
- Only propane grills can be used on the concrete surrounding the picnic shelter.
- Two trash and recycling cans located onsite.
Beer and/or wine is allowed in designated areas with the required permit.
Amplified music or public address systems
Amplified noise or music is not permitted. Only acoustic music is allowed.
Catering and amusement providers
You are welcome to have your picnic or event catered with the required permit. Catering vehicle may park next to the shelter. No amusement equipment is allowed. No balloons are allowed. Learn more about catering guidelines here.
Set-up and clean-up
Rental fees cover the entire day, from 8 a.m. to 7 p.m. Time for set-up and clean-up must be included in that time. Set-up includes unloading of food, beverages, tents, tables, and chairs. Clean-up consists of picking up all litter and trash, and removing all decorations, equipment and supplies.
Sensitivity to wildlife
No pets are allowed because they can damage sensitive habitat and threaten wildlife.
Care of the park
All gates must be kept closed. Any requests for use outside these parameters would fall under Metro's special use permit program and will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
Picnic reservation cancellation and refunds
You will receive a full refund:
- If you cancel your reservation 31 days or more before the reservation.
- If Metro closes the park on the day of the reservation.
You will not receive a refund if you cancel your reservation 30 days or less before the reserved date.
You may reschedule your reservation for a $20 change fee, if you do so at least 7 days before your event, depending on site availability. If you cancel after rescheduling, no refund will be given.