Since the inception of RLIS in the late 1980s, Metro’s Data Resource Center staff have worked with regional partners to collect and combine a wide array of data into a seamless dataset for use in regional decision-making.
The RLIS Discovery site describes the map layers in detail and provides access for direct download of individual or multiple layers. While most map layers are free to access, some may require a subscription.
Explore RLIS Discovery
These layers are regularly updated and shared through RLIS Live, a suite of web services that provide users with access to this rich dataset. The work of partners and data contributors ensures that RLIS Live data is current and accurate and meets industry standards. Much of the data is updated quarterly and some files, more often.
RLIS Live provides access to:
- a download service that lets you discover and gather specific spatial data layers to use in your own local applications
- a scalable base map web service that serves as a platform for displaying and exploring your own data and applications
- the most current map data for applications or GIS software without the need to store the data locally.
Data and map layers RLIS Live contains more than 100 map layers for the region, including:
- tax lot boundaries and assessor's data
- streets, including address ranges
- city and county boundaries
- master address file
- multi-family housing
- rivers, watersheds and wetlands.
View a complete list of datasets and their metadata on the RLIS Discovery site.
Subscription price $480 Includes full year of unlimited data access via the RLIS Discovery site. There are no limitations on the number of users per subscription.
To subscribe to RLIS Live, download the subscription agreement and return completed form to [email protected].
RLIS Live subscription data and web services are published under the RLIS product terms and conditions.
RLIS Live data published at no cost are made available under the Open Database License and Database Contents License.
If you have any questions, call 503-797-1742 or email [email protected].