MTAC is a 35-member committee of planners, citizens and business representatives that provides detailed technical support to the Metro Policy Advisory Committee.
Policy areas addressed by MTAC (and MPAC) include:
- community development in keeping with the 2040 Growth Concept and local plans
- regional transportation
- management of the urban growth boundary
- protection of lands outside the urban growth boundary for natural resources, future urban zoning, or other uses
- planning responsibilities required by state law
- other growth management and land use planning matters deemed by Metro Council to be of the region’s concern.