Cities, counties and transit agencies in greater Portland have reported how they will invest federal transportation money in the next four years. These planned transportation projects and programs are included in the 2021-2024 Metropolitan Transportation Improvement Program, now available for review and comment.
The MTIP is a federally-required document that helps track and manage regionally-significant transportation investments. The MTIP:
- shows the list of transportation projects and programs that are scheduled to receive federal transportation money from 2021 to 2024
- demonstrates how the planned projects advance regional priorities of safety, equity, climate and reducing traffic congestion
- evaluates how the projects comply with federal regulations, including fiscal constraint and public involvement
- ensures scheduled federal transportation spending in the region does not exceed available federal revenues.
From April 17 to May 18, 2020 you can submit your comments about the 2021-24 MTIP:
- online by filling out a survey
- by mail to Metro Planning - MTIP, 600 NE Grand Ave., Portland, OR 97232
- by email to [email protected]
- by phone at 503-797-1750 or TDD 503-797-1804
- by written or verbal comment at the Metro Council public hearing that will be held virtually on Thursday, April 23, 2020 at 2 p.m.
Metro Council is scheduled to take action and hear public comment on the MTIP on July 23, 2020.