Free Metro Parking Days 2021
Enjoy free parking at Oxbow and Blue Lake regional parks, Broughton Beach, M. James Gleason Memorial Boat Ramp and Chinook Landing Marine Park on Jan. 1, 18, 21; Feb. 15 and 18; March 18; April 15; May 20; June 19; July 15; Aug. 19; Sept. 16; Oct. 21; Nov. 11, 18 and 26; and Dec. 16.
The park offers picnic and viewing areas, wetland and wildlife habitat, disabled-accessible docks, restrooms and a seasonal river patrol station.
Thanks in part to voter investments, new aluminum docks with fiberglass decking were installed in January 2016. Chinook Landing is one of the most popular boat ramps in the state, and the new docks replace the heavily used ones that were about 25 years old.
The archery range at Chinook Landing includes six targets between 10 and 60 yards, at 10 yard increments.
Know before you go
- Open 4:30 a.m. to 9 p.m. Overnight parking is permitted for up to four days in a 30-day period. Visitors are not allowed to car camp or remain in their parked vehicles overnight.
- The primary restrooms are currently closed.
- A pump station is available in the spring and summer, usually between April and September.
- Geocaching is allowed with guidelines.
- Parking fee is $5 per car, $7 per bus (free with annual parking pass). Credit or debit only.
- Smoking and vaping are not allowed.
- Pets are allowed on-leash between vehicles and boats. To protect nesting birds and other wildlife, pets are not allowed elsewhere at Chinook Landing.
- During inclement weather, please check oregonmetro.gov/boats for information about any closures.