The RLIS Discovery site allows you to interact with over 150 free GIS data layers and provides access for direct download of most layers in a variety of formats.
Explore RLIS Discovery
Since the inception of RLIS in the late 1980s, Metro’s Data Resource Center staff have worked with regional partners to collect and combine a wide array of data into a seamless dataset for use in regional decision-making.
These layers are regularly updated and shared through RLIS Live, a suite of web services that provide users with access to this rich dataset. The work of partners and data contributors ensures that RLIS Live data is current and accurate and meets industry standards. Much of the data is updated quarterly and some files, more often.
RLIS Live is available through the RLIS Discovery ArcGIS Hub site and includes:
- access to downloadable spatial data layers to use in your own local applications
- the ability to preview map layers and interact with data in an ArcGIS Online web map
- scalable base map web services that serve as a platform for displaying and exploring your own data and applications
- the most current map data provided as web services for applications or GIS software without the need to store the data locally.
RLIS Live contains more than 150 map layers for the region, including:
- tax lot boundaries and assessor's data
- streets, including address ranges
- city and county boundaries
- master address file
- multi-family housing
- rivers, watersheds and wetlands.
View a complete list of datasets and their metadata in the RLIS Metadata Viewer.
RLIS Live open data are made available under the open database end user license agreement. Tax lot ownership information is excluded from the open data but is available for business or organizational activity with payment of a one-time data access fee. The fee is $500; or $250 for governments, organizations with 501(c)(3) status, or community-based organizations that meet eligibility criteria. Contact the DRC for more information at [email protected].