Metro Council and the Get Moving 2020 task force say the transportation funding package should
- Improve safety for everyone
- Benefit communities of color
- Make it easier to get around
- Support resiliency from disasters and emergencies
- Support clean air, clean water, and healthy ecosystems
- Support economic growth
- Increase opportunity for low-income Oregonians
- Leverage regional and local investments
A shared vision
Metro works with partners and local communities to plan for greater Portland's transportation needs. The Get Moving 2020 effort is built on the foundation of this planning, and on the core policies that drive Metro's work.
At every step, area residents shape Metro's plans and policies by serving on advisory committes, testifying at meetings and hearings, participating in surveys and workshops, and sharing their views with Metro Council.
Learn more about the planning and policies guiding the funding measure:
2018 Regional Transportation Plan
Strategic Plan to Advance Racial Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion
Climate Smart Strategy