Metro offers MetroPaint at reduced prices to qualified nonprofit organizations and government agencies with the intent that the paint be used exclusively on property owned or managed by these organizations or agencies.
Nonprofit organizations must prove eligibility by providing official proof of current tax-exempt status at every purchase. Nonprofit organizations and governments must provide an authorization letter at every purchase.
Some restrictions on pricing, colors and availability apply.
Proof of tax-exempt status
Applies to nonprofits only.
Metro accepts only the following documentation from a nonprofit organization as proof of tax-exempt status:
- Federal Internal Revenue Service determination letter stating the organization is tax-exempt under IRS code (usually code 501).
- Oregon State Corporation Division certificate of incorporation as a nonprofit organization under the Nonprofit Corporation Act.
- Proof of current non-profit status as issued by a state other than Oregon.
Unacceptable documentation: Metro does not accept employer identification number (EIN), tax returns or applications for tax-exempt status as proof of tax-exempt status.
Applies to nonprofits and government agencies.
An authorization letter must be presented at time of sale. The letter must:
- be printed on the purchasing organization’s or agency’s letterhead
- state the individual’s name purchasing the paint
- state the date of intended purchase
- state the colors and quantities of each color to be purchased
- state the intended use of the paint: location and description of painting project
- include Metro charge account number if intending to purchase on an account
- be signed by a authorized person within the organization or agency.