Share your views
View Metro's current public comment opportunities.
Ensuring health and safety
In order to protect staff and communities across the region, Metro is not hosting indoor, in-person community engagement events at this time. Following direction from the Oregon Health Authority, outdoor community engagement events are currently suspended. Outdoor events may be approved at a future date on a case-by-case basis.
Virtual community engagement
Virtual community engagement using audio and video conferencing tools offers the safest option for community engagement under COVID-19.
Outdoor community engagement
All non-Metro participants in an outdoor community engagement event taking place at a Metro facility or on Metro property are required to sign a COVID-19 release and waiver.
What Metro is doing
Metro provides staff resources to:
- collaborate with Metro’s information services team for virtual meeting protocols
- host inclusive virtual meetings using trauma informed best practices
- host inclusive virtual meetings for people living with disabilities using best practices
- complete a risk assessment process for outdoor in-person engagement activities
- assess the risk of various community engagement activities informed by the Center for Disease Control levels of risk scale.
Resources from the region