Metro received 29 applications for consideration for the 2025-27 Regional Flexible Funds. Learn about the projects submitted: View the complete applications for each project:
The 2025-27 RFFA Program Direction provides the criteria and process for selecting capital projects to receive this funding. The program direction was adopted in 2021 by the Joint Policy Advisory Committee on Transportation (JPACT) and Metro Council.
There an estimated total of $67.3 million available for projects that will help make the region’s transportation system more equitable, safer, cleaner and more reliable. Of the $67.3 million, $20 million is dedicated to trail projects that will be funded through the 2019 Metro Parks and Nature bond measure. The remaining $47.3 million is Federal funding for investments that were identified in the 2018 Regional Transportation Plan.
Metro Council is anticipated to take action in October 2022 on a final list of projects recommended for funding by JPACT. There are a number of steps in the process leading to this decision.
Schedule for determining funding
Evaluating and gathering input
- Outcomes evaluation, risk assessment of proposed projects: March-April 2022
- Public comment period (30 days): May 2022
Discussion and consideration of options
- TPAC/JPACT briefings, workshops and discussions: June-September 2022
- TPAC recommendation to JPACT: August 2022
Final project selection
- JPACT approval of final project list (RFFA): September 2022
- Staff recommendation (Trails Bond): September 2022
- Metro Council action: October 2022