Earn your badge by working on a project at a Metro site.
Metro parks and nature offers a variety of projects for young people pursuing an Eagle Scout and Gold Award designation. These projects are designed to allow you to demonstrate your leadership and project management skills you have learned through your years in scouting. Metro asks that you take on one of the available projects only if you are a self-driven and organized individual who is able to complete the work with minimal assistance from Metro staff. Projects must be started at least four months before their required completion.
How to get started:
- Choose one of the available projects listed below.
- Review and complete the Metro Eagle and Gold Award Application Packet.
Projects at Blue Lake Regional Park
- Wood signs for disc golf. Build a display of a mini map of the course, including a “you are here.” Add a list of approximate times to play, walk and finish the each hole and the course.
- Willow Tunnel. Rebuild the willow tunnel and willow bench. This involves weaving and landscape work.
- Educational kiosk. Build a wood structure to display educational materials at the wetlands overlook.
Projects at Chinook Landing Boat Ramp
- Rebuild steps leading from parking area to riverfront.
- Rebuild existing steps with a railing leading to the riverfront from the parking area.