Ready to apply?
Submit the application form no later than 5 p.m. Jan. 6, 2020.
The committee meets four times a year and serves as a key component of Metro’s ongoing efforts to develop and implement successful public engagement processes. In selecting Public Engagement Review Committee members, the Metro Council seeks a mix of representatives who demonstrate:
- a commitment to community involvement
- skills, knowledge or experience that support the public engagement principles adopted by Metro
- the ability to represent the geographic and demographic diversity of the region.
The Public Engagement Review Committee is a charter-mandated committee comprising:
- three public involvement staff from Clackamas, Multnomah and Washington counties
- at least three representatives of community organizations
- at least three at-large community members.
This year, Metro is recruiting three at-large community members and one community organization representative.
Duties of the committee include, but are not limited to:
- reviewing and making recommendations on Metro's engagement strategies and practices at the project and program level
- reviewing the annual public engagement report
- making recommendations to the Metro Council about engagement priorities.
Note: PERC meets on weekday evenings, four times per year. Members are expected to attend all meetings and review materials in advance. Members may be asked to review and consult on materials in between meetings. Time commitment for PERC members is expected to be one hour per month in addition to the quarterly 2-hour meetings.
Prefer to complete an application off-line?
Print the form and mail it completed to:
Metro Regional Center
Attn: Clifford Higgins
600 NE Grand Ave.
Portland, OR 97232
The deadline for applications is 5 p.m. Monday, Jan. 6, 2020.