In February 2019, Metro Council President Lynn Peterson appointed a task force to advise the council in the development of a possible regional transportation investment measure. The members of the task force were chosen to reflect the diversity and interests of a wide range of people and communities across greater Portland.
Members of the task force
The Transportation Funding Task Force will help the Metro Council answer the following questions:
- The Metro Council has identified objectives and outcomes that the measure should advance. Are there additional objectives and outcomes that should be considered?
- What metrics should be used to measure our impact?
- The Metro Council has identified candidate corridors that could be considered for investment. Are there other places that the Metro Council should also consider?
- Based on identified objectives and outcomes, what criteria should the Metro Council use to prioritize these corridors and potential investments for inclusion in a regional investment measure?
- What programs to support this vision should the Metro Council consider for an investment measure?
- What revenue mechanisms should the Metro Council consider for these investments?
- What accountability and oversight measures should the Metro Council consider?
By early 2020, the task force will be asked to make a final investment measure recommendation to the Metro Council. The Council is expected to vote in the spring of 2020 on whether to refer a measure to voters in November 2020.
Share your views
Transportation Funding Task Force meetings are open to the public and will include opportunities for public comment. You are encouraged to share written comments with the Task Force at any time by sending email to [email protected].
Comments received by 2 p.m. on the day of the meeting will be printed for the meeting.