Tools for living
› Bike resources
Find resources to help you explore the region on two wheels. Whether you're an experienced cyclist or just getting started, you've come to the right place.
Discover in this section
Extend your ride with transit. Learn the ins and outs of taking your bike on buses and light rail in the Portland-Vancouver metropolitan area. Go
Check out free maps and other tools to help you cycle around the region. Go
Connect with other cyclists, learn about cycling groups and events and stay up on the latest news related to biking in the area. Go
Bike There! quick guides
Bike There! quick guides feature maps of some local cities as well as safety advice, just a taste of what you'll find in the Bike There! map. Download free quick guides from the Bike There! map page. Go
Fun "drive less" facts
- It is estimated that if each area household eliminated just two car trips per week, there could be a four percent reduction in the number of cars on the road.
- The average car commuter spends an extra 39 hours per year on the road due to gridlock.
- By 2025, area residents will spend an additional 50 hours in traffic per year as our population grows.
- Households that walk and cycle as their primary modes of travel save an average of $694 per month.
- Half of all trips made in the U.S. can be done with a 20-minute bike ride, and a quarter of all trips can be done with a 20-minute walk.
Related Internet links