From development projects to restoration efforts, enjoy these Metro videos.
Go behind the scenes at three places protected by Metro’s Natural Areas Program, and learn how voters have made a difference for the region’s water quality, wildlife habitat and outdoor recreation. More
View short, fun videos of Metro naturalist James Davis exploring Metro parks in search of dragonflies, beavers, mushrooms, animal tracks and more...More
Learn about Metro's effort to restore oak woodland habitat at the Graham Oaks natural area near Wilsonville. Watch the 2-minute video shows what it looks like when you create rare habitat at a large scale and features Metro's science and stewardship staff describing the future of these rare Oregon white oaks... More
Watch a video about efforts to restore oak woodlands and other rare habitats at natural areas throughout the region using the native plants and seeds sorted and grown by volunteers at Metro’s Native Plant Center. More
Discover seminars for land-savvy building professionals. Watch Green from the Ground Up seminar videos featuring Larry Coffman, nationally recognized expert on low impact development. Larry's dynamic presentation and question and answer session include PowerPoints, case studies and photos.... More
High Capacity Transit System Plan
This system plan will guide regional high capacity transit capital investments by evaluating and prioritizing transportation corridors for potential new projects and extensions to existing lines.
- Background and considerations Watch videos of presentations that show how the High Capacity Transit System Plan relates to other land-use and transportation plans and describe some of the regional and global considerations that make such a plan important.
- Defining high capacity transit Watch a video of the presentation that explains how high capacity transit differs from local service transit. Put simply, it is more reliable, faster and carries more people.
Watch video gardening tips from Metro natural gardening expert Carl Grimm, courtesy of AM Northwest and KATU-TV... More
The Metro Recycling Information hotline provides recycling and disposal information and referrals in the Portland metropolitan area. Watch the "glass on the side" and "plastic bags are recyclable, just not at the curb" ads... More
Ever wonder how recycling works? View a video that follows paper, aluminum, steel, plastic and glass through the recycling process - from your recycling bin to a material recovery center and then into new products.More
More than 100 teams from around the world submitted entries to the Integrating Habitats design competition that prove every space in which we live, work, shop and play can create places for both people and nature in designs we can build today. Watch the featured video... More
- People's Choice Award videos Watch short, insightful videos honoring each People’s Choice Award winner.
- Award celebration videos Check out footage from the Integrating Habitats award celebration, see the award announcements and hear the jurists' candid commentary on the challenges and possibilities of restorative design.
- Virtual field trip videos Explore an oak woodland. View a typical Portland neighborhood. Discover what riparian forest and lowland hardwood canopies actually look like in a natural setting. Watch video clips featuring Integrating Habitats' development and habitat types.
View video presentations showing an overview of the Portland-Milwaukie light rail project and a simulation of on-the-ground conditions before and after... More
"How can we address the question of access to transportation for minorities and the poor, so that these fellow citizens can benefit from the economic, social and environmental success of our region?" A lecture given by Thomas W. Sanchez, PhD., on January 28, 2009 at Metro... More
Metro’s Transit-Oriented Development Program takes planning from the conceptual to the actual by investing in development projects in key locations throughout the region. Watch a video introduction to transit-oriented development... More
- bside6 Watch a video slide show of this East Burnside Street development that will contain 27,000 square feet of restaurant, retail and creative office space.
- Burnside Rocket Learn about this four-story building that includes 16,500 square feet of commercial and office space with outdoor terraces on each level.
- Center Commons See the video slide show of this mixed-income, transit-oriented development consisting of four apartment buildings and 26 townhouses.
- Central Point Watch the video slide show of this four-story, mixed-use project that features 3,000 square feet of class A ground-floor retail space and 22 market-rate apartments in Gresham.
- The Crossings Find out about this mixed-use project located in the heart of Gresham’s Civic Neighborhood.
- The Merrick Learn about this six-story, mixed-use, transit-oriented development in Portland with 185 rental apartments and 15,000 square feet of commercial space.
- Nexus See a video slide show on this mixed-use project consisting of 422 units of housing, 7100 square feet of ground floor retail and a 4500 square foot clubhouse, including a conference center, fitness center, theater and lounge.
- North Flint Watch the video slide show of this 4,950 square feet development, the smallest project funded through Metro’s Transit-Oriented Development Program.
- North Main Village Find out about this mixed-use project that features 8,000 square feet of class A retail space and 97 housing units in Milwaukie.
- Pacific University Hillsboro campus See the video slide show on Pacific University’s College of Health Professions and College of Optometry campus in Hillsboro.
- Russellville Commons Watch the video slide show of this three-phase, 576 unit transit-oriented development in the Gateway Regional Center.
- Villa Capri See the video slide show of this 20-unit, low- and moderate-income housing project located in suburban Hillsboro.
- The Watershed Watch the video slide show on this mixed-use project that includes 50 units of affordable senior housing in Portland.